Just wanted to share this photo with you of Lucia at easter. You know when you press the button and capture a moment? Well this was it for me. Lucia had lined up all her chocolate bunnies and eggs and was taking to them, telling them stories. I took loads of photos but this was the one that stood out. The actual photo was a bit washed out so I have had to adjust the brightness and colour. I just love it when I get THAT picture.
Easter this year has been crazy bc of the weather...I mean snow at easter! We have had Colin's parent to stay and have had to be really creative with what to do so we have not all gone stir-crazy. Here is the hightlights
- decorated eggs, made crispy cakes and decorated cupcakes in the morning
- went to Virginia Water in the afternoon and had a great time doing our own egg hunt
- Had hot chocolate in the sunshine looking at the lake
- rolled chocolate coins down the hill in Valley Garden at VW...children loved this!
- Walked leisurley back to the car until mum became a crazy mum and hustled everyone in the car saying "quick in the car...look at the sky...its coming..GET in the car NOW...its coming....everyone in the car, last door closed and whoosh hail stones came down!!! (mum is always right!!)
- chilled out morning and spent most of it trying to decide what to do on a wet chilly day
- snowed hard!
- decided to do the very off the wall activity of driving to homebase and buying pots and plants for the children to pot....reason for this...dry, sort of warm and big enough for the children to have a run and make some noise. It had the desired effect!!
- Special children's services at church based on Willy Wonka
- Beckah (my sis) came round
- Easter egg hunt was hurriedly set up in the momentary break in the weather.
- Gorgeous roast lamb dinner...yum!
- Took Phoebe to visit one of her friends in hospital and also visited one of my friends.
- Planted the flowers
- Actually got to go for aowalk and the sun shone!
- Grandad and mum (me) got a urgent desire to weed, prune and tidy the garden...the result- ;) lovely pruned plants and several enormous mounds of twigs and leaves which will need moving.
All in all considering the weather we have had a lovely weekend...what about you anything fun?