Wednesday 27 June 2007

look at life...

from a different perspective.

I have been trying to vary the angles and perspectives when I take my photos. sometimes it works well other times not but when I look at things from a different angle I see things in a new way. The misty picture was taken very early in the morning (not usually up then!!) and I actually drove back home to get my camera bc I wanted to take this picture.

Anyway it got me thinking so often we see our life from one angle especially if it involves a problem of some sort and we just cannot see past the obstacle. Why not try looking at it from a different angle? Make a tiny change and it could make a mountain look like a molehill

John Lubbock
What we see depends mainly on what we look for.

Arthur Schopenhauer
Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.

I like these verses from Psalm 62 :5-8 reminding me that God wants me to see things from his perspective.

5Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God [a] ;he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

No comments: