Saturday 7 April 2007

happy easter...



hope you are having a good weekend... I have had a very non productive week craftwise BUT today has been good. Jamie and Phoebe were going to a friends party and I wanted to make her a little album so I made this pink handbag...I know it is not that original but I think it is cute and only took the evening (about 1-2 hours)

Well this party was at a pottery place called Pottery Pals at Holme Grange (really nice staff they have taken over from the previous people and could not be more helpful)....mmm! yes what a good idea.... while the children were upstairs being entertained I sat downstairs for a blissful 1 1/2 hours painting pottery. I was on a mission.....

Last week I bought this beautiful teapot for my mum for her birthday. You know when you get just the right thing. I was so pleased. The next day I heard a dull thud and went into the kitchen to find Lucia had thrown the box on the floor...you guess it was broken...the handle had broken off. ( I was absolutely devastated) I quickly re-ordered it only to find out that it had been the last in stock. I searched and searched the internet but nothing was anywhere near what I wanted.

Then I had a brain wave... i decided to paint my own... a slightly different pattern but similar colours. I will show you when I have collected it. I was really pleased with how it turned out...
Just turned out to be a rather expensive teapot!!! Never mind i wanted my mum to have the best because she is special.

I am going to stick the handle on the other teapot and put it in my studio and store something scrapping in it...it will always remind me of my mum and Lucia's throwing habit!!!

No comments: