Friday 2 February 2007

finally some scrapping..


Oh it was so nice to get out to a crop last night. As part of my class schedule, I run crops once a month on a Thursday night. If you are in the locality and would like to join in please contact me. It is open to anyone who likes to scrap. We are very friendly!!! Also I have cardstock, patterned paper, stickers, rub-ons, page kits and embellishments for sale (it is per item rather than packets as it is stock from my classes) Also I have tools, stamps, magazines, books, paints and punches available. (I am saving for a cricut so hopefully soon there will be that as well!!!)


Anyway I was determined to do at least one LO. I had not planned a thing or even chosen photos, all I knew was I wanted to use my new toy!!! I found these pictures of Elisha when we were at the sea....so cute!!! Lucia looks so much like her.

I used my stamp and chose the word play with a girly border.


I am trying to scrap more what I call imperfect photos. These were pre-scrapping days, so less close-ups...no arty shots of stones or bucket and spade. Just ordinary photos which tell a story. There were lots of photos in this group so it was hard to choose. If you are struggling with choosing from lots of photos you could use these guidelines:




Look for 5-6 photos which best sum up the experience.

Think about the different experiences and choose one for each

Look for visually different photos which will contrast each other..ie the one of Elisha far away and then one closer by the sea.


When you are arranging them in a group of four also think of balancing the close-up or similar ones diagonally opposite another close-up and visa versa. this gives a sense of balance


I wanted the red to stand out and also to use the blue letters, so to neutralise it I used a white cardstock which gives the layout a fresh up beat look.




I still need to put the title on so I will update when I have finished. I was just so pleased I had finished it that I wanted to post it up!!!


So you don't have to only scrap those stunning one pic lo's. Find some old forgotten photos and see what you can do with them. Let me know as I would love to see your work. Have a good w/e

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, especially all the photo's of your children.

Your scrapping entries are really helpful, especially this one as I've got lots of photos similar and am never too sure how to make a LO from them!

This one is perfect!