Friday 27 February 2009





I feel like I have been away from my blog for too long. I have needed to allow a little more time for family and home so my blog was the thing to go BUT I want to add things so that I can look back and see where I am at.

I have been getting inspiration from lots of places. I have beeen trying to broaden my creative vision by looking at different ways to express myself. I have been trying to mix my art with words and thoughts.....visual journalling.

This book really inspired me and the authors have a great website.

One really fun thing is I have got a little red leather book and a black pen and have started drawing my thoughts down in a mixture of pictures and words. Some things are funny others sad but it gives me a quick artisitic release each day.


My new project is designing a woodland story telling set for a Easter Kids Zone at church. Here is what I am being inspired by so far....

















Found this cute idea on a web site while re
searching set design.




















and read this fun idea there

1 comment:

Marie R said...

Rachel, if you love art journals go onto afth.co.uk then onto Dyan's Blog she is doing quite a lot of art journalling at the moment as her mum has just died.

I have been to several workshops at Dyan's place and she is truely inspirational with fantastic talent. She has even managed to get me keeping an art journal.

Lovely to see you blogging again!